To make a djembe, you will need the following materials:
- A cylindrical piece of wood for the drum body
- A goatskin drumhead
- Rope or cord
- Tools such as saw, drill, hammer, and chisels
- Cut and shape the drum body to the desired size and shape
- Cut a hole in the center of the drumhead, slightly smaller than the diameter of the drum body
- Stretch the drumhead over the drum body and secure it to the rim with rope or cord
- Tune the drumhead by adjusting the tightness of the rope or cord
- Decorate the drum body to your liking.
Note: This is a basic guide and different regions may have their own variations and techniques.