- Identify the problem: cracks, holes, loose skin, etc.
- Gather materials: new skin, drum glue, sandpaper, etc.
- Remove the old skin: loosen the ropes, remove them and carefully remove the skin.
- Prepare the shell: sand down rough edges, clean and dry the shell.
- Attach the new skin: stretch it evenly over the drum and glue it securely to the rim.
- Tune the drum: tighten the ropes and adjust them evenly to get the desired pitch and tone.
Note: For complex repairs, it’s best to seek the help of a professional drum maker or repair specialist.