how to play djembe step by step
- Start by choosing a good drumming posture.
- Place your dominant hand on the head of the drum and your other hand on the bottom rim.
- Start with a bass tone by hitting the center of the drumhead with the palm of your dominant hand.
- Try playing a slapping tone by hitting the drumhead near the rim with the fingers of your dominant hand.
- Mix in a tone by hitting the drumhead near the rim with the flat part of your palm.
- Practice different rhythms and combinations of the three sounds to play a basic djembe groove.
- Experiment with adding dynamic changes, such as volume and tone, to enhance your playing.